Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Making zucchini walnut bread is a good way to use all your extra zucchini in the summertime. A good tip is to grate lots of zucchini into 2 cups measures, then freeze them so you can make zucchini walnut bread in the future.
3 large eggs lightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1 cup pure olive oil
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 ts baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 cups AP flour
2 cups zucchini grated
1 cup walnuts crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large work bowl add eggs and sugar, whisk well to combine then whisk in oil and vanilla.
3. Sift dry ingredients together; baking powder, baking soda, flour and cinnamon. Slowly add the dry to the wet ingredients using a wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Add zucchini and walnuts and mix well.
5. Add batter to a greased loaf pan until it’s roughly 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean, cool on rack before slicing.
Chef’s Notes: Zucchini walnut bread can be frozen after it’s completely cooled.