Ever asked, “How can I prepare a healthy zucchini dish for my family get together”?
This delicious appetizer recipe will inspire you to create savory zucchini pancakes that are a crowd pleaser.
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
3 cups Zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup White onions, chopped
4 each Whole farm fresh egg, beaten
1/2 cup Unbleached Flour
2 cups Organic whole milk
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
1 teaspoon Fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup Reggiano Parmesan grated
1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil chopped
1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together; flour, salt, baking powder, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
2. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, onions, milk, basil, tomatoes, and the shredded zucchini.
3. Mix together the dry and the wet ingredients. Making sure not to over mix. Then rest the batter for ten minutes.This cake will get dried out if it is mixed too much.
4. Fry a small amount and taste. Then you can adjust the seasoning with salt or pepper.
5. Plate and serve with our homemade tomato sauce.