Pretty easy apple crepes with brandy
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 3 Gold Rush or Granny Smith apples cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- optional1/4 to 1/2 cup Apple Jack Brandy, or any other apple liquor or brandy
- optional8 scoops cinnamon or vanilla ice cream
- 8 crepes essentially, very thin sweetened pancakes
- 2 ounces crumbled Blue cheese
In a saute pan, melt the butter. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook the mixture for 1 minute to dissolve the sugar. Add the walnuts and apples.
Cook the apples for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the apples are tender and caramelized. Remove the pan from the heat and add the brandy.(keep your face out of the way!) Place the pan back on the stove. Shake the pan a couple of times to ignite the flame. If the flame does not ignite, carefully light the flame with a match.
Spread a scoop of the ice cream evenly over each crepe. Starting with one side, gently roll the crepe up like a jellyroll. Place the crepes in the freezer and freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Divide the crepes between four shallow bowls. Spoon the apple/walnut mixture over the crepes. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and serve immediately.