This Thai fish salad is nothing short of amazing..spicy, sweet, a touch salty. The flavors of Thailand come alive in this dish. The key ingredients that make Thai food so special
are prominent-chili, lime, green onion, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil and of course coconut milk.
I think you will love this dish…let me know how it turns out for you.
- 5 stalks green onion, sliced
- 2 plum tomato, seeded, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ inch piece ginger, peeled minced
- 2 tbs lemongrass paste
- 8 ounces cod fish
- 2 tbs toasted sesame oil for sauteeing
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbs Tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs spicy chili paste
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil-for sauce
- handful ,chopped washed cilantro
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- juice of one lime
- In skillet over medium high heat add sesame oil, then fry fish, 4 minutes per side, set aside to cool
- In same skillet add ½ tsp more sesame oil, then add garlic, ginger and green onion, saute' 3 minutes, mix in lemongrass paste, cook one minute then let this mixture cool
- In sauce pot add coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili pasta, white pepper, cilantro, sesame oil, lime juice, bring to boil, reduce heat to low cook 5 minutes. Let cool to room temp.
- In work bowl add aromatics, tomato, cilantro, cooked fish, break up fish into bite sized pieces..but don't over work this, needs texture.
- Plate it up and drizzle the desired amount of sauce on your salad.