Here is a simple twist on classic guacamole. The tasty fried onions add a depth of flavor and slight umami that really makes this work.
Video-Fried Onion Guacamole
- 6 avocado halves
- 3 medium onions sliced and fried until starting to crisp and brown nicely
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 diced plum tomato fillets
- handful chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 chili pepper serrano or jalepeno
- Take avocado halves and mash with some of the lime juice, onions, pepper, tomato, cilantro and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve chilled or at room temp.
- If saving for later, use plastic wrap in contact to keep it from oxidizing.