Another classic cookie recipe from Omi my mother in law. These delicious Christmas cookies made from crushed pecans, butter and other simple ingredients
do not stay around long. With a doppio (double) espresso these cannot be beaten.
1/2 lb butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups crushed pecans, in very fine crumbles, pulse in processor or use rolling pin
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons water (or more if too dry)
pinch kosher salt
powdered sugar for garnish
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1. Cream the butter and sugar together, add vanilla and water, mix for 1 minute.
2. Sift flour and salt together then add to butter and sugar.
3. Add pecans, mix very well on low speed if using a stand mixer or beater.
4. Portion to the size of a walnut and place on sprayed cookie sheet or Silpat silicone baking mat
5. Bake about 30 minutes or until starting to get slightly golden. DO NOT LET THEM GET BROWN OR THEY WILL BE DRY.
6. While still warm, roll in powdered sugar until they are white.