Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time:10 minutes
Total Time:1 hour
Learn how easy making dough for pizza, breads, calzone and flat bread can be.
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 packet yeast
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs kosher salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1. Add the packet of yeast to the warm water and sugar then stir through. Add 1 Tbsp of kosher salt.
2. Place the A.P. flour in a food processor fitted with a dough blade. Pulse it briefly to loosen up the flour.
3. While running the processor, slowly add the water & yeast mix. Note that you might not need all of the liquid. The dough will start to form into a ball when ready. After the ball forms, let the machine knead the dough for another minute or so.
4. Remove the dough. Start making a round ball by turning the dough in upon itself. Close off the bottom hole / seam by twisting.
5. Add some olive oil to a bowl and spin the dough in the oil to coat evenly. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place it someplace warm to rise for an hour or two or refrigerate it overnight.
An equal amount of honey can be substituted for the sugar. Also, after it rises it can be portioned and frozen for later use. We usually have frozen dough on hand in our house at all times.[/private]