I don’t like calling this “baby cereal” because this cereal is for everyone. Adults and older children can dress it up with bananas, date sugar, toasted nuts, sliced apples, milk, maple syrup, blueberries, or whatever. …
Created by: Chef Keith Snow
These pancakes are very healthy and extremely delicious. Kids love these pancakes and parents can feel good about the level of nutrition that is on these. They are easy to make and on our table every Sunday morning!
1 cup Harvest eating Pancake Mix (recipe below)
1 cup milk
1 tbs ground flax seeds
1 tbs wheat germ
1 beaten egg
1. Mix the batter as per the video. Can be made up to an hour in advance.
2. Heat a non stick, griddle, non-stick skillet or a properly seasoned cast iron skillet, add clarified or regular butter, portion mix onto preheated pan.
3. Look for some browning to occur before flipping.
4. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Harvest Eating Pancake Mix
This is our healthy pancake mix. Use it to make pancake batter so you can enjoy pancakes and get some nutrition too.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup AP flour (un-bleached)
1 cup corn meal
1 cup rye flour
2 tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of kosher salt
1. Mix all ingredients in a bag or container…store in freezer so it keeps a few months.