Simple appetizer that uses delicious Phillips Jumbo Lump Crab meat. Seasonal tomatoes are the perfect nesting spot for this crab meat and some tangy Gruyere’ cheese….
Easy to make and great on a steak, roasted chicken and other things like a pizza with arugula.
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Wild Mushroom Saute
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 pound golden chanterelles or other fall mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms. Stir until mushrooms are coated with butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 68 minutes. Add thyme and cook for 2 minutes more.
Learn how to make a delicious chicken mousse appetizer from poached chicken and mushrooms. Perfect for a rustic dinner party.
Smoked Chicken Mushroom Mousse
- 4 medium Poached Chicken Thighs cooled
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 medium Ciabatta Loaf sliced and toasted
- 2 cups Wild Mushrooms chopped
- 1 medium Shallot chopped
- 1 handful Thyme chopped
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Create Mushroom Duxelles:
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium-low heat.
- Add mushrooms and stir through.
- Add shallot and thyme. Saute for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked down.
- Deglaze with white wine and scrape up any flavorful bits from the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Place chicken thighs, mushroom duxelles, liquid smoke, and salt & pepper into a food processor. Process until broken down into a fine paste.
- Add about 1/4 Cup of the cream to the mixture and process. Drizzle more cream through the top of the processor as it mixes. Mix until it reaches a mousse-like consistency-- light but will firmly stand on a spoon.
- Spread onto ciabatta bread. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve.
Chef’s Note: Chicken breasts can be substituted if dark meat is not your best. I personally would not make it with white meat.
Try this tasty twist on the always favorite mashed potatoes side dish. Simple way to add some healthy and tasty green asparagus to your meals….
Classic Standing Rib Roast is a bone-in roast that is usually served during the holidays. Very tender and delicious. Chef Keith Snow demonstrates how to cook one in this detailed how-to cooking video….
Simple way to use an infused milk and cream mixture to make nice creamy and delicious Yukon Gold mashed potatoes.
2 lbs peeled Russet Potatoes
1 recipe infused milk/ cream SEE BELOW (use any herbs or flavorings you like)
1/4 cup fresh snipped chives
salt and pepper to taste
1. Steam potatoes until tender.
2. If using a stand mixer put steamed potatoes in bowl then add liquid a little at a time being careful not to make them to liquid, or not to over whip them. A bowl with a hand masher works just as well!
3. Add salt and pepper to taste and the chives last.
4. total whipping time should be under one minute to avoid “paste like” potatoes.
INFUSED MILK MIXTURE
2 cups whole milk
2 cups whipping cream or heavy cream
3 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
1 large bunch fresh Thyme
1 stick butter…optional…but an option I would choose every time!
Just walk a bit more…you’ll burn the calories.
1. In a deep sauce pot add liquids and remaining ingredients.
2. Bring to a simmer and steep the mixture at the simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Use mixture for mashed potatoes and you will be rewarded!
Chef’s Note: This mixture will expand and will boil over and catch fire if left unattended. Do not boil! Do not leave and go watch TV.
French onion soup is rich and has a fantastic onion flavor with great texture and sweetness. This detailed demonstrates how to make this classic French onion soup, complete with a croûton topped with melted Gruyère cheese….
Learn how to oven-dry tomatoes and save them in olive oil – a great way to deal with your abundant summer tomatoes!
This lyonnaise potatoes recipe uses new potatoes, is easy to make and tastes great. Parmesan cheese, sea salt, and black pepper make this a wonderful side for any protein dish.
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
This simple and tasty white bean soup recipe can easily be made as a vegan or vegetarian soup. Loaded with vegetables and protein filled white beans this delicious soup is perfect for lunch or dinner.
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon bacon fat
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrot, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup diced tomato and juice
1/2 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
1/2 tablespoon thyme, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups white beans, cooked
1. In a large pot, heat the fat and olive oil over medium heat.
2. Cook the onions, carrots and celery for about two minutes or until the vegetables start to become tender.
3. Now add the beans, chopped herbs and broth. Bring this to a simmer slowly and cover.
4. After about 15 minutes plate and serve, garnishing with Reggiano Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil.