On today’s episode I discuss my new partnership with Ceramacor and their amazing solid ceramic cookware Xtrema, and an amazing vegan dish that you will wan’t to make. …
Created By : Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours plus time to cool
This recipe for sweet potato cheesecake uses vanilla, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and grated nutmeg. It also contains instructions for making a graham cracker crust.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
8 tablespoons melted butter
2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
5 large eggs
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 sweet potatoes, baked, peeled, and passed through a food mill
Directions: To make the crust:
1. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, and melted butter in a bowl. Using a tablespoon, press this mixture into a 10-inch springform pan, and chill for 30 minutes.
To make the cheesecake:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, place cream cheese. Use paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Continue to mix and add sugar and salt. Add the eggs 1 at a time, then add sour cream, flour, and spices. Lower speed and add sweet potato puree.
3. Pour the batter into crust lined pan. Place a baking pan of hot water under cheesecake pan.
4. Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees F, then lower temperature to 250 degrees F and bake an additional 1 1/2 hours or until cake center is firm.
5. Let the cake cool on rack for 30 minutes, then refrigerate until completely chilled. Loosen pan sides and remove cheesecake. Carefully slice cake with knife dipped in hot water, then wiped.