Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Recommended Beverage: Bordeaux
Have you ever craved that Steak House Fillet, juicy, rich and stuffed with blue cheese and just didn’t want to bother to go out? Because now you don’t have to, this recipe is the real thing. Don’t forget to use a good quality fillet of beef and blue cheese. You’ll spend a lot less and have the same great experience.
2 lbs beef tenderloin cut in 6 steaks
10 ounces quality blue cheese crumbled
3 tbs fresh breadcrumbs
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp Kosar salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbs fresh thyme chopped
1 tbs fresh chives chopped
1. In a mixing bowl combine the cheese, chives, thyme, garlic, and breadcrumbs. Mix well and refrigerate.
2. With a sharp knife make a slice in the top of a steak and with your index finger make a cavity by applying pressure to the insides of the hole.
3. When the cheese mixture is cold and firm stuff the hole in the steak with as much as the cavity will hold. Repeat as necessary and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and brush with the oil, salt, and pepper. Over a hot grill, cook the steaks (turning only once) for about 5 minutes. Finish the steaks over medium heat until the desired temperature is reached.
5. Allow resting for 5 minutes and serve.[/private]