You just can’t beat the taste of shrimp or crab so putting them together is awesome. This dish is so light, tangy and reminiscent of the Mediterranean that you’ll love to share it with friend at a casual dinner party.
2 lbs large shrimp (16-20) peeled and deveined
1 lbs lump crab meat picked over to remove any shell pieces
2 medium jalapeno chopped
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 large eggs
2 tbs Italian parsley chopped
1 tbs fresh tarragon chopped
2 medium shallot chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic chopped fine
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the crab on a sheet pan and carefully pick through to remove any shells. In a bowl combine the crab, jalapeno, breadcrumbs, parsley, tarragon, shallot, garlic and eggs then season to taste.
2. “butterfly” the shrimp and lay them on a sheet pan split side down.
3. Place a ball of the crab stuffing on top of the shrimp and fold the tail over the crab stuffing.
4. Combine the lemon juice, wine and olive oil. Pour the olive oil mixture evenly over the shrimp.
5. Bake the shrimp in a pre-heated, 400-degree oven for ten minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove the shrimp from the pan and pour the liquid over them, serve immediately.