A light and tasty summer dinner that can utilize your left over salmon, rice or both! This dish is versatile and easy to do. You can substitute any fish that’s fresh at the market or other kinds of rice you have on hand….
This dish is light, Salmon wrapped in banana leaves and steamed is healthy, quick and flavorful. Served with a simple bowl of steamed rice and it’s a perfect dinner for a week night or for that impromptu dinner party.
[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Recommended Beverage: White Burgundy
Linguini and clam sauce go hand and hand. This recipe blends baby clams, white wine and a good Extra Virgin Olive Oil that bursts with flavor. so next time clams are in the market give this one a try.
4 lbs Manilla Clams washed
1 lb linguini cooked al dente
5 cloves garlic chopped
1 tbs crushed red pepper
3 medium shallots chopped
1 cup white wine dry
1/2 cup parsley chopped
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup water or clam juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium low heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook until slightly brown.
3. Add the onions and cook until tender. Deglaze with white wine.
4. Add clams, water and crushed red pepper. Let this simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the clams open.
5. Raise the heat on the simmering clams to medium high.
6. Remove pasta from boiling water and place directly into simmering clams.
7. Add parsley and cook while stirring about one minute or until the pasta is finished cooking.
8. Season to taste and serve.[/private]
Salmon has received some good press, as a fish that contains many of the nutrients our bodies need. So since it’s good for you and so delicious make it part of your cooking arsenal. …
Mahi Mahi has a delicate flavor so we spice it up then grill to up the yum factor. And top it with a creamy leek sauce. This leek cream is so easy yet very sophisticated…your guests will think your a genius….