Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Pinot Gris
This old world classic is an easy dinner to have in your arsenal. The fresh sage is what does it, sage is easy to grow and have at your disposal at all times. Just like the fresh sage is key so to is a good proscuitto ham. Buy the best you can find and you’ll be rewarded. Try this today!
2 1/2 lbs chicken breast pounded 1/4 inch
4 ounces Proscuitto sliced paper thin
6 slices sliced Provolone cheese
6 large sage leaves fresh
1/2 cup a/p flour
1/4 cup olive oil
2 medium shallot chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
1 cup white wine
4 tbs unsalted butter
1 large lemon juiced
1. Pound chicken beasts until 1/4 inch thick.
2. Place sage leaves in the center of the chicken breasts. Top leaves with slices of provolone.
3. Wrap each chicken breast trying to completely cover the provolone with prosciutto.
4. Place on a sheet pan, place in refrigerator and allow to firm, about 30 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from refrigerator. Lightly dust each breast with flour.
6. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sear chicken breasts about 5 minutes on each side.
7. Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a serving platter.
8. In your pan add shallots and garlic cooking until soft. Next, add white wine and reduce by 1/2.
9. Slowly whisk in butter and finish with lemon juice and parsley.
10. Pour sauce over chicken breast and serve.