This is a simple green salsa recipe that brings the flavor of the grill or broiler to the dish. I make this salsa each summer and even water bath can it to store for the winter. This is fabulous on scrambled eggs or in burritos….
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Green beans really come to life with sauteed shallots and a touch of cream. Chef Keith Snow demonstrates how-to make this simple green bean dish. This is a Harvest Eating favorite!
1 pounds fresh green beans, stems removed
1 half sliced shallots
1 tablespoons organic heavy cream
1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cups veggie broth or chicken broth
pinch black pepper
1. In a pot of heavily salted boiling water, add beans and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from water and place in ice bath to stop cooking process.
2. In a skillet over medium high heat add oil . Once hot, add shallots, cook for 1 minute, add broth and beans and cream and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Cook for a few minutes tossing beans in sauce and allowing it to reduce. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
Easy and delicious vegetarian dish with the added protein punch of black beans. Great summer time burger replacement. Kids love this one too….
Easy recipe to use summer squash with any white fish such as mahi-mahi, bass, flounder, halibut etc. Creates a terrific and simple dish and can be used with just about any fresh white fish….
In this short video, Chef Keith Snow demonstrates how to make creamed spinach using organic frozen spinach….
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
This simple cream of broccoli soup is rich and delicious.
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 small white onion
2 cloves garlic
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 whole head broccoli and stems about 5 cups
5 cups veggie broth
3/4 cup frozen drained spinach
1 cup organic heavy cream
1. In a heavy pot over medium heat add olive oil, onions, and garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add broccoli, veggie broth, spinach and cream, bring to simmer then reduce heat to low, cover and cook 25 minutes.
3. Puree soup with immersion blender or food processor until desired consistency is reached.
4. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Chef’s Note: Finished soup can be garnished with Parmesan cheese as in video or a dollop of sour cream or a small handful of shredded cheddar cheese.
Create a delicious, seasonal chowder with fresh, roasted sweet corn any time of year. Also use up some extra zucchini is this soup too….
Enjoy this tasty side dish recipe of fresh asparagus and new potatoes. This vegetable recipe also uses pear tomatoes, organic goat cheese, green olives, minced garlic.
This lyonnaise potatoes recipe uses new potatoes, is easy to make and tastes great. Parmesan cheese, sea salt, and black pepper make this a wonderful side for any protein dish.