Created By: Chef Keith Snow
This is an interesting dish featuring cabbage and seafood. Feel free to replace fish with your favorite. Look for wild salmon when it’s in season.
1 cup onion
1 teaspoon canola oil
3 cup cabbage
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
8 ounce broad or ruffled noodles
8 ounce mackerel (skin on) or other fish
1/2 cup scallions
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
2 tablespoon Maille Dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, saute the onion in the oil for 1 minute. Add the cabbage and caraway seeds. Stir and saute for 5 minutes. 3. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the noodles and toss to combine.
5. Spoon into a shallow 2-quart (2-L) casserole. Place the fish, skin side down, on top of the noodles.
6. In a small bowl, toss the scallions, bread crumbs, and mustard. Spread evenly over the fish.
7. Bake until the fish is cooked through and the crumbs are golden brown, 17 to 20 minutes.