Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Recommended Beverage: margaritas
Learn how to create a delicious sauteed shrimp dish with a coconut Margarita sauce. Served with local plantation rice and organic black beans.
2 tbs pure olive oil
2 tbs shallots chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
3 tbs lime juice
5 whole local wild caught jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
1/4 cup organic black beans
1/4 cup coconut milk
3 tbs cilantro chopped
3 tbs triple sec and tequila mix (50-50)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Make rice per package instructions, add 1 tbs diced red bell pepper or other seasonal veggies such as zucchini or tomato.
2. When cooked, place rice in a ramekin pressing to make it tightly packed. Turn out mold on serving plate.
3. In a skillet over high heat add oil, then shallots and garlic, saute for 1 minute.
4. Add shrimp, saute for 3 minutes, add lime juice, cook another minute. Deglaze pan with liquor (off the flame please) add beans, coconut milk and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Reduce pan sauce for a minute or two then plate up the dish. [/private]