Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 25
Total: 50 minutes
Learn how to make a delicious twist on the classic French dessert by adding sweet mango. This luscious dessert is easy to make with this tried and true recipe.
2 cups organic heavy cream
1 whole vanilla bean
1 whole flesh of an organic mango
1/2 cup sugar
6 organic or farm fresh eggs yolks
1. In a sauce pot add cream, vanilla beans and split pods.
2. Place over medium heat until lit scalds, just under the boil. Watch so it does not boil over!
3. Meanwhile, peel the mango and remove the pit as per video. Dice up mango and set aside.
4. Place a few pieces of mango into each custard cup or ramekin.
5. Tempur the egg yolks by adding a bit of hot cream then whisking, repeat twice, then add all cream to egg mixture.
6. Fill custard cups that should be in a large pan, add hot water and fill halfway up the sides of the custard cups.
7. Place in a preheated 325-degree oven for 35 minutes or until the custard are just set but still giggling slightly. Cool for 20 minutes, then refrigerate until well chilled…
8. Dust the surface of each brulee cup with 1 tsp sugar. Place under broiler or use a blow torch to brulee the tops which means to slightly burn the sugar so it gets brown.