These Roasted Chicken Jack Cheese Corn Tamales are easy to make and very delicious. The masa has a very authentic flavor and roasted chicken is the perfect meat here….
[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Beer
Chicken enchiladas are the quintessential Mexican comfort food. We make these with local goat cheese and homemade corn tortillas. Topped with an authentic red chile sauce they can’t be beat.
3 lbs chicken legs and thighs
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs coriander
1 tbs red chile powder
1 clove garlic chopped
1 tbs kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 cups enchilada sauce
12 whole corn tortillas
2/3 cup Jack cheese shredded
6 ounces local goat cheese
1. Start by mixing the spices together then applying it to the chicken with the fajita seasoning salt and pepper.
2. Place them in a 350 degree preheated oven and cook for 40 minutes or until the meat pulls away from the bone easily
3. When the chicken is done and has cooled enough to handle, pull the meat from the bones and set aside.
4. Neatly place a couple tablespoons full of chicken on one side of the tortilla and gently roll to make a tube. Place the tube in a baking dish, repeat as necessary.
5. Top with the enchilada sauce and cheeses. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and serve [/private]