[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
Recommended Beverage: beer
Chicken Fajitas, with their lime kissed peppers and onions, homemade tortillas and salsa are just so irresistible. So try these today.
2 lbs chicken breast boneless/skinless
2 medium white onion julienned
3 large bell pepper julienned
1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
6 whole limes zest and juice
2 tbs cumin seeds toasted and ground
2 tbs coriander seeds toasted and ground
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tbs soy sauce
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 tsp black pepper
1. Mix together the white onions, peppers, garlic, oil, cilantro, lime juice, zest, cumin, coriander, and soy. Place the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate for 3 hours.
2. Remove the chicken and strain the onions.
3. Over a medium hot grill cook the chicken breasts about 5 minutes on each side. Set aside and allow to rest.
4. Heat a cast iron skillet over a hot grill, add a few tbs of oil cook the peppers and onions until soft.
5. Slice the chicken and mix it with the peppers and onions. Place the peppers, onions and chicken back into the cast iron skillet and watch them sizzle and serve.[/private]