[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Malbec
This recipe has it all it’s inexpensive, impressive and delicious. Cilantro grows so well in some parts of the country that you’re always trying to come up with recipes that have cilantro. Well this recipe showcases this versatile herb, and if grass fed beef is available your in for a treat, so try this one today.
1 whole flank steak pounded 1/2 inch thick
2 bunch cilantro
1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 cup Manchego cheese grated
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp chili flakes
4 ounces goat cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients (except beef) in a food processor and pulse until a smooth consistency is reached.
2. Rub the flank steak with a 1/8 inch layer of pesto leaving a 1/2 inch boarder on the edges
3. Roll tightly and tie with butcher twine. Season with salt and pepper
4. Roast in a 350 degree preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees, about 40 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let rest before removing twine and slicing, about 10 minutes.