A delicious sauce made with dried chile pods, garlic and onions. This is a sauce found in Mexican and Southwestern cooking its great for burritos and egg dishes like Huevos Rancheros.
- 3 medium dried New Mexican red chile soaked, place in bowl with boiling water, cover with plastic wrap
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 1tbs tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 ounces chicken broth
- ½ tsp fresh oregano chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- Place soaked and softened chilies along with the chicken broth, and oregano in a beaker or large bowl.
- With an immersion blender puree until smooth. (or use a blender)
- In a medium sized sauce pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook the garlic and onions until softened.
- Add tomato paste, cook for 1 minute stirring constantly, now pour the chili pureed in stock into hot oil and tomato mixture.
- Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat and adjust seasoning to taste with pepper with salt.