Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Corn soup recipes are simple to make and enjoyed by many. The chipotle pepper really gives this corn soup recipe wonderful flavor.
7 ears of corn on the cobs
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 cup heavy cream
2 shallots minced
1 clove garlic minced
1 chipotle pepper finely minced (from a can)
8 cups water
1 bunch cilantro chopped
French grey sea & fresh cracked pepper to taste
[private Monthly Premium Member|Annual Premium Member|Lifetime]
1. In a heavy pot or Dutch oven heat water and corn cobs to the simmer, simmer for 15 minutes. Drain but reserve liquid.
2. When cobs are cool to the touch, remove kernels, save cobs.
3. In the same pot, heat olive oil over medium high, add shallots, a pinch of grey salt & a few twists of black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute, then add corn kernels and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
5. Add cream, water, corn cobs, chipotle pepper.
Simmer soup for 20 minutes.
6. Remove cobs then use a stick blender if handy, if not then it’s a rustic soup.
7. Season with salt & pepper to taste add cilantro and serve.