Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 25
Total Time: 55 minutes (or until it’s set and stating to turn brown)
Simple and delicious French inspired dessert that goes well with any fresh fruit, especially dark sweet cherries, or in this recipe, figs!. A simple batter is all that’s needed to perfect this dish. Goes well with a sweet white wine from Alsace region of France
Fresh black or dark brown figs, washed, stem removed sliced in half (roughly 15 figs)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs organic if possible
1/2 cup organic or raw whole milk
3 tbs 365 brand unsalted butter melted
1 cup all purpose flour
tiny pinch of salt
butter for greasing pie dish
1. preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Butter a round shallow pie dish with cold butter
3. Arrange figs in dish, some cut side up, some cut side down, pie dish should be crowded with figs
4. In a large bowl or food processor, mix remaining ingredients well being sure to add flour last, at little at a time. Your looking for a thick pourable batter, not too thick however.
5. Pour over figs then bake until slightly golden brown. Serve room temperature with a nice glass of Alsatian wine.
*** Please consider becoming a Harvest Eating Supporting Member, you’ll get some great products and be supporting the show, website and video production for pennies each day. Thanks For your support!***
Chef Keith Snow
Seasonal Cooking Made Easy!