This is a simple recipe yet it delivers some amazing flavors and is perfect for your fall table. Gruyere cheese delivers the WOW factor here and the subtle flavors of clove and sage play important roles here too….
Here is some delicious risotto made with butternut squash and a nifty sage-cashew pesto. This peasant food classic is amazing in fall when squash are plentiful. It’s hearty and filling and super delicious.
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour-15 minutes
Beverage Recommendation: Chiant
Chef Keith Snow creates a comfort-food classic with seasonal vegetables and homemade pie crust. You’ve never had a pot pie like this one. Harvest Eating principles on display for certain with this amazing dish….
[private]Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60
Look like a rock star with this dish…soooooo easy and flavorful. Orange zest, rosemary and extra virgin olive oil help the squash roast to perfection. A simple and rustic side dish…try it today!
1 organic butternut squash, peeled, cut up into similar sized pieces.
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch rosemary
zest of one orange
salt and pepper taste
1. Place peeled and cut up squash (or sweet potatoes!) in a oven proof dish.
2. Drizzle some of the scented oil over squash, mix it to combine.
3. Place herbs from the oil pot (see below) on top.
4. Season with salt and pepper, roast at 375 for 35-40 minutes.
MAKE INFUSED OIL
1. Place oil, orange zest and rosemary bunch together in a small sauce pot.
2. Bring the oil to a “sizzle” then turn off heat and let it infuse the flavors.
3. Use this mixture to drizzle on the squash. Can be used for pasta or even in mashed potatoes or mashed butternut squash.[/private]