I don’t like calling this “baby cereal” because this cereal is for everyone. Adults and older children can dress it up with bananas, date sugar, toasted nuts, sliced apples, milk, maple syrup, blueberries, or whatever. …
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
If you are looking for different ways to cook potatoes for breakfast this recipe is for you. It combines new potatoes, jalapeno chile peepers, green and red peppers, white onions and cilantro to form a zesty morning meal.
6 large New potatoes, diced
1 each Jalapeno Chile pepper, diced
1 clove Garlic, chopped
1/2 cup Green and red peppers, diced
1/2 cup White onion, diced
1/3 cup Cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon Lime zest
1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
2 tablespoons Organic Butter
1/2 cup water
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Pour the water into a large saute pan. Add the potatoes, cover and cook at medium heat for about 7-10 minutes or when potatoes flesh gives in.
2. Add the butter (don’t worry if there is still water in the pan), onions, garlic and peppers.
3. While stirring occasionally, let this cook for about ten minutes covered remove the lid and continue to cook until the potatoes become crusty and brown.
4. It’s time now to add the cilantro, lime zest, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Stir for a few minutes and take off of the heat.
6. Plate and serve.