I love Sweet Potato Pie, especially this version that uses roasted sweet potatoes. The extra zing that roasted potatoes gives this pie is very noticeable. It’s a simple recipe as well. You can use any crust recipe or even make it crustless.
- 2 large farm fresh eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch kosher salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups roasted sweet potatoes
- In a 375 degree oven place 3 large sweet potatoes (prick skin with a fork) on a sheet tray, with space between them. Roast for 45 minutes or until a knife can easily pierce flesh.
- While potatoes are roasting in a work bowl add eggs, vanilla and sugar, vanilla, salt, spices. Beat well to combine,
- When potatoes are done, remove from oven, peel and let cool off for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes to work bowl whip them up until the entire mixture is smooth, once smooth add milk to combine.
- Pour pie filling into your favorite pie dish with a nice pie shell. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.