Swedish Meatballs and Beef Stroganoff are two recipes that were meant to be together. Tiny meatballs with lots of parsley and dill in a rich gravy finished with sour-cream. This is a great dinner or just make the meatballs for a cocktail party’s finger food.
1 lbs ground chuck
1 lb ground pork
1 large white onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsp fresh dill chopped
1 tsp oregano chopped
3 tbs fresh parsley chopped
2 tbs Worchestershire sauce
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup whole milk
2 large eggs beaten
salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE SAUCE:
1 recipe brown sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 pt button mushrooms sliced
2 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup sherry
2 tbs parsley chopped
1 lbs egg noodles cooked
1. In a small saute pan over medium heat, cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil until soft about 7-10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine ground pork and ground beef, milk, eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and chopped herbs. Add cooked garlic and onions.
3. Using your hands, mix to combine. Do not over mix. Form uniform balls, about 2 ounces each. Set the meatballs on baking sheet.
4. Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and set aside.
6. In a large sized pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the mushrooms until soft, about 5 minutes.
7. Add the brown sauce, sour cream and parsley and bring to a simmer.
8. Add egg noodles and meatballs. Stir to combine.
9. Plate and top with diced red roasted red peppers.
Chef’s Notes: Over mixing the mixture will result in tough meatballs.