[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Merlot
This recipe with it’s spinach and cheese filling is sure to be a crowd favorite. Serve it with risotto or just a salad, either way try this one today.
2 1/2 lbs chicken breast pounded 1/4 inch
1 lb fresh spinach chopped
1 medium white onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 medium fennel bulb chopped
1 medium red pepper chopped
4 tbs butter
1/2 cup provolone shredded
1. Heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat, add the onion, fennel, garlic and red pepper and allow them to cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the spinach and continue to cook for 5 more minutes. Add the breadcrumbs, cheese and season to taste.
3. Lightly oil a sheet pan and lay the chicken flat on a work surface. . Place a mound of stuffing in the center of the chicken and fold it around. Place the stuffed chicken with the seam side down on the sheet pan and continue until all of the chicken is done.
4. Place the chicken in a 400-degree oven for 20 minutes or until an internal temperature of 160-degrees is reached. NOTE; Avoid over-stuffing the chicken, as this will inhibit the even cooking of the entire dish.
5. Remove from the oven allow to rest and serve.[/private]