Spinach artichoke dip is one of those dishes that always appears around Christmas time at cocktail parties and gatherings. This simple recipe is easy to make, tastes great and uses everyday ingredients.
- 2 bags frozen leaf spinach, defrosted and squeezed out to remove most of the water
- 2 cans whole artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 package organic, cultured cream cheese (Organic Valley is great)
- 3/4 cup real mayo or full-fall Greek yogurt (use unsweetened yogurt)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano cheese
- 1 cup shredded Asiago
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder (optional)
- In a stand mixer or large work bowl add all ingredients except 1/2 cup of the Asiago, mix well to combine
- Taste mixture then adjust seasonings.
- PLace into a baking dish, bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- PLace reserved cheese on top at the 20 minute mark
Serve with pita crisps or large organic tortilla chips.