In this video I demonstrate a simple winter squash soup using heirloom red kuri squash. Spiced with fresh ginger, coriander and pumpkin pie spice.
It contains no butter or cream and uses vegetable stock so ok for vegetarians and vegans. It’s delicious while also being low in fat.
Spiced Heirloom Winter Squash Soup-VEGAN
- 5 tbs evoo
- 2 cups sliced leeks cleaned leeks that is
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 large Granny Smith Apple cored w skin left on
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 leaves fresh sage
- 1 3 lb red kuri squash peeled, seeded, roasted
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- minced fresh sage for garnish
- OPTIONAL: garlic coutons
- In a large pot over medium high heat add oil then leeks, saute for 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Add apples, carrots, spices, sage leaves, cover cook for 10 minutes.
- Add stock, cover cook 15 minutes.
- Process to a smooth consistency using your blelnder, Vitamix, immersion blender etc.
- Serve with croutons and garnish with fresh sage.