Soy Chili Beurre Blanc
created by: Chef Keith Snow
Very simple sauce and perfect on seafood to give that French-Asian flair.
- 1 pat butter
- 2 tbs minced shallots
- 1/4 dry white wine
- 1/4 cup rive wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2.5 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbs sweet chili sauce (mae ploy)
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 stick cold butter cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- In a sauce pan add 1 pat of butter then shallots, sweat for one minute. Add vinegar and wine..bring to boil.
- Reduce liquid until about 85% of it has evaporated, should be barely wet but not soupy.
- Add cream, soy sauce and chili sauce, whisk well to combine.
- Reduce to heat very low, add white pepper, then add 2 chunks of butter at a time whisking constantly after each addition until they are fully incorporated.
- Be sure not to heat sauce past 135 degrees or it might break
- Adjust seasoning to taste..you may have to add salt.