This recipe for potato salad is very simple and only has a few ingredients. I like to steam the potatoes first because I do not want them to be water logged. Use only real mayo, but keep in mind a homemade aioli is super simple if you have access to good eggs.
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled, cut into large cubes
- 3/4 cup real mayo or aioli
- 3 scallions sliced finely or half cup minced fresh chives
- 1 stalk organic celery, cut in half then sliced thinly into small pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Steam potatoes for at least 25 minutes, allow to cool off steamer or run cold water on them
- place cooked and cooled potatoes in large work bowl, add the remaining ingredients
- Carefully mix together, you want some chunks but not too big. You DO NOT want mashed potatoes here.
- If you think you need more mayo, seasoning or onions…..add them!