[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Sauvignon Blanc.
This recipe can be made for any occasion and you can substitute what ever seafood is freshest. The creamy filling and the smoky sauce are a great pairing with a crisp South American white wine like Sauvignon Blanc.
1 lbs shrimp peeled and deviened
1 lb blue crab shells removed
1 lb salmon
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs garlic chopped
2 tbs shallot chopped
1 cup white wine
2 cups heavy cream
2 tbs fresh dill chopped
1 recipe spinach pasta
1 recipe smoked tomato cream
salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean and devein the shrimp and cut into small piece, about 4 pieces per shrimp.
2. Cut salmon into small pieces.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and salmon and saute for about 3 minutes.
4. Add crab to the seafood mix and remove the mix from the pan. In the same pan add garlic and shallots. Cook on low heat for about 3 minutes. Add wine and reduce by 1/2.
5. Add cream and reduce by 1/2 again or until thick enough to coat a spoon.
6. Add dill and mix with seafood and let cool. Season to taste.
7. To assemble; roll three tablespoons of the filling in 4×4 inch squares of spinach pasta and brush with olive oil. Place the rolled pasta in a stove top steamer and steam them for 10 minutes. (optionally add bay leaf and whole allspice to the steaming water)
8. Place the pasta rolls in a baking dish. Spoon sauce over the top of the pasta.
9. Bake covered in a preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Chef’s Notes: A pre-made pasta can be substituted as well as your favorite sauce.[/private]