Salsa verde is a very versatile condiment. Great on eggs, tacos, burritos, grilled chicken and fish, shrimp, chips you name it. One amazing bowl of love. And easy to make….see the gallery of photos below.
I like to use my favorite sheet pan from Island Ware to roast my vegetables. It’s easy to clean, so I don’t mind making a mess. here you see the vegetable before roasting, they have been tossed in salt, pepper and oil.
Steps: toss tomatillos, onion, garlic in oil and season with salt and pepper, then place in food processor with lime juice, cilantro and roasted chilies ( I use Hatch green chilies from NM), then process, season with salt and pepper and your done. SHAZAM…perfect salsa verde.
Salsa Verde, a Photo Tutorial
- 2 lbs peeled tomatillos
- 1 small onion peeled cut into large chunks
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tbs olive oil pinch of salt and pepper
- Bunch of washed cilantro
- juice of half lime
- 1/2 cup roasted green Hatch chilies
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- PREHEAT OVER TO 375 degrees
- Toss tomatillos, onion and garlic in oil, season then lay on sheet pan and place in oven, cook 30 minutes
- Toss everything into the bowl of your food processor, including any juice and charred bits, pulse to combine.
- Add chilies, cilantro, lime juice, salt, process 20 seconds more.
- WIL STORE 7 days in fridge..if it lasts that long.