This dish is light, Salmon wrapped in banana leaves and steamed is healthy, quick and flavorful. Served with a simple bowl of steamed rice and it’s a perfect dinner for a week night or for that impromptu dinner party.
2 1/2 lbs wild salmon cut in 6 pieces
2 whole banana leaves cut in 6 poryions
2 stalks lemongrass sliced
1 tbs fresh ginger chopped
1 tbs chili flakes
2 tbs sesame oil
2 cloves garlic chopped
3 whole green onion chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbs seasoned rice vinegar
2 tbs sweet basil chopped
1. In a bowl combine lemon grass, ginger, Chile flakes, sesame oil, garlic, green onion, vinegar and soy sauce.
2. Place individually cut salmon in the center of the individually cut banana leaves.
3. Spoon the lemon grass/ginger mixture in equal proportions over the salmon fillets.
4. Fold banana leaf to encase the salmon completely. Repeat process for each piece of salmon.
5. Place in a stove top steamer and steam for 15 – 20 minutes.
6. Remove from steamer and serve salmon in the banana leaf.