I love my greens, but sometimes I don’t like just serving of them as a side dish, a pile of greens near a piece of meat etc.
There are many ways to use greens in our diets; juicing, salads, fillings, sides, dehydrating etc. If you grow greens like we do, you better have an arsenal of recipes to use them in. This Swiss Chard lasagna is yet another great way to use up your greens.
Swiss Chard and Onion Lasagna
- 1/2 of medium white onion sliced
- 6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- large bunch of swiss chard carefully washed nad roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp garlic pwdr
- 1 large container full fat ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 package lasagna noodles cooked and cooled or use no boil
- your favorite tomato sauce to garnish
- In a large pot add 4 tbs olive oil and saute onions for a few minutes, add chard, season with salt and pepper, cook for 20 minutes stirring often. Cool and chop up slightly
- In a large work bowl whip eggs and garlic powder, add parsley, whisk to combine, then add cheese and remaining olive oil, combine well.
- I na large lasagna pan add some of the cheese mixture, then start layering the lasagna with noodles, cheese mixture, chard onion mixture and mozzarella cheese. Cover tightly with HD aluminum foil
- Place in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-45 minutes , allow to cool then plate up, garnish with tomato sauce.