This is a very simple dessert to make and the flavors of this baked stuffed apples with almonds, raising and oats is really delicious. Make sure to use tart, firm, fresh apples.
Recipe-Baked Stuffed Apples
- 4 granny smith apples cored out
- 3 tbs rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 tbs light brown sugar
- 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2 stick butter
- pinch salt
- heavy cream to taste
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- In a work bowl all all ingredients except heavy cream.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon mix the filling until it's well combined.
- Stuff each apple with the filling, then placed on a greased sheet tray of baking dish and bake until the apples is cooked through, but not crumbling...about 35-45 minutes.