Ratatouille is not just a kids movie it’s also a fantastic Provencal dish made from vegetables including bell pepper, eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and olive oil. The dish varies from region to region but this is a good representation of what you’ll see.
- 3 cups zucchini diced
- 2 cups tomatoes diced
- 1 cup eggplant diced
- 1 cup summer squash diced
- 2 tbs fresh basil chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1 tbs rosemary minced
- 1 tbs fresh thyme minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large heavy dutch oven or pot over medium heat add the oil, the onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except basil) and lower heat, cook covered for 20 minutes, then uncover until it's nice and thick.
- Add basil chiffonade, mix well and serve.