Some pepper steak recipes use tougher cuts of beef and stew out the flavors of the vegetables. In this recipe I’ve taken the vegetables and cooked them quickly so you don’t loose the nutrients and the beef I use is grass fed New York Strip steak.
With the combination of a good quality beef and fresh vegetables you just can’t go wrong.
Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Zinfandel
4 lbs beef stip loin trimmed
1 medium red bell pepper julienned
1 medium yellow bell pepper julienned
1 medium green bell pepper julienned
1 medium white onion julienned
3 tbs olive oil
16 ounces canned tomatoes crushed with your hand
3 tbs soy sauce
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 t fresh basil chopped
3 tbs unsalted butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Set aside and let steaks come to room temperature.
2. In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions and pepper. Cook until soft about 5 minutes.
3. Add oregano, tomatoes and soy sauce.
4. Cook mixture for about 5 minutes.
5. Add butter, stir and remove from heat.
6. Meanwhile grill steaks to desired temperature.
7. Top steaks with pepper mixture and serve.