Did you think pesto was just basil and pine nuts? Learn how to make this unique pasta dish with roasted cauliflower and kale pesto. A very unconventional dish for certain.
Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Kale Pesto
- 1 cup roasted cauliflower
- 1/2 cup roasted shallots
- 1/4 cup kale pesto
- 1/2 lb whole wheat Penne pasta cooked
- 5 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp orange zest 1
- 1 tbs orange juice
- 3 tbs Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbs chives minced
- 1. In a large skillet placed over medium heat add 3 tbs oil add cauliflower and shallots. Saute for 2 minutes then add cooked pasta.
- 2. Add kale pesto and stir often to prevent sticking. Add 1 tbs chives the orange zest and continue stirring.
- 3. Add orange juice Parmesan cheese salt and pepper.
- 4. Plate the dish up then top with more cheese chives and a drizzle of olive oil.