These ultra luscious braised boneless short ribs of beef in a rich red wine Thyme gravy are da bomb! Mysteriously easy, simple every day ingredients, one pot….what more can I say.
We have had these twice in the last week…the richness, velvety tender mouthfeel is a treat. You will think you’re eating in a fine French restaurant…and your family will love them. So..now lets make them…!
Oven Braised Boneless Short Ribs w Red Wine Gravy
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tbs bacon fat
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 organic carrots peeled and diced
- 2 organic celery stalks chopped
- 2 cups diced organic tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 3 tbs AP flour
- 2 cups good red wine...drinkable wine...Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot
- 2 cups purified water
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 lbs boneless short ribs of beef
- preheat oven to 325
- Place a large dutch oven with tight fitting lid over medium high heat, add fats
- Add mireproix (celery, carrot, onion) , salt and pepper, cook stirring often for 10 minutes, add tomatoes
- Cook two minutes more then add flour...keep stirring to cook out the"cakey" smell, 1 minute
- Add wine, stir and scrape to deglaze ....(get stuff up off the bottom into the vegetable mixture
- Cook for 2 minutes, add water and Thyme
- Add Short ribs to pot, try to cover them with vegetables, cover and place into the oven
- Cook for 2 hours 45 minutes....
- Remove ribs from pot, then puree vegetables...this will serve as your gravy.
- PLate up the ribs, adorn with gravy...LIVE LARGE !