[private]Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60
Look like a rock star with this dish…soooooo easy and flavorful. Orange zest, rosemary and extra virgin olive oil help the squash roast to perfection. A simple and rustic side dish…try it today!
1 organic butternut squash, peeled, cut up into similar sized pieces.
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch rosemary
zest of one orange
salt and pepper taste
1. Place peeled and cut up squash (or sweet potatoes!) in a oven proof dish.
2. Drizzle some of the scented oil over squash, mix it to combine.
3. Place herbs from the oil pot (see below) on top.
4. Season with salt and pepper, roast at 375 for 35-40 minutes.
MAKE INFUSED OIL
1. Place oil, orange zest and rosemary bunch together in a small sauce pot.
2. Bring the oil to a “sizzle” then turn off heat and let it infuse the flavors.
3. Use this mixture to drizzle on the squash. Can be used for pasta or even in mashed potatoes or mashed butternut squash.[/private]