Here is a simple recipe for making Dijon Mustard. This is very inexpensive and makes more then you might think. Try to find organic mustard seeds, most come from Western Canada….even the seeds used in France!
Making Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 cups yellow mustard seeds
- 1-1/2 cups purified water
- 1-1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine such as chennin blanc or chardonnay
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black or white pepper
- 1 tbs sugar optional
- In a Vitamix (or similar blender) add seeds, water, vinegar, let sit overnight or as long as a few days covered.
- Add remaining ingredients, blend for at least 1 minute.
- Refrigerate..will last for months....