[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Recommended Beverage: White Burgundy
Linguini and clam sauce go hand and hand. This recipe blends baby clams, white wine and a good Extra Virgin Olive Oil that bursts with flavor. so next time clams are in the market give this one a try.
4 lbs Manilla Clams washed
1 lb linguini cooked al dente
5 cloves garlic chopped
1 tbs crushed red pepper
3 medium shallots chopped
1 cup white wine dry
1/2 cup parsley chopped
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup water or clam juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium low heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook until slightly brown.
3. Add the onions and cook until tender. Deglaze with white wine.
4. Add clams, water and crushed red pepper. Let this simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the clams open.
5. Raise the heat on the simmering clams to medium high.
6. Remove pasta from boiling water and place directly into simmering clams.
7. Add parsley and cook while stirring about one minute or until the pasta is finished cooking.
8. Season to taste and serve.[/private]