This is one of those recipes that may be a bit strange and a touch difficult to find the raw materials, that said I still think it’s worth the effort to construct. This has such an amazing flavor it will make your salads taste simple amazing. You will want more salad and that is a good thing.
Special Note: The fermenting liquid mentioned here can be had by purchasing lacto-fermented pickles at the supermarket or by making your own at home. I suggest looking for Bubbies Kosher Dills.
Lacto Fermented Mustard Chive Vinaigrette With Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cups juice from lacto-fermented kosher dills
- 2 tbs stone ground mustard
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tbs fresh chives
- in a small bowl add all ingredients except oil, whisk together while slowly drizzling in olive oil.
- Adjust seasoning for salt and pepper.
This vinaigrette has NO vinegar, the acid comes from the lacto juice and lemon juice. I suggest ripping up organic romaine lettuce, halving organic cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumbers, sprouts of any kind work well here too.