Did you think pesto was just basil and pine nuts? Learn how to create a unique winter time pesto from kale and almonds. Pretty tasty stuff…great in soups too!
Kale Almond Pesto
- 2 cups cooked kale
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs shallots minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- kosher salt to taste
- 4 tbs Parmiggiano Reggiano cheese
- black pepper to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all ingredients except oil.
- Pulse several times to combine then drizzle in olive oil.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Chef's Note: Use this pesto on pasta, grilled meat or even pizza.