Roast tenderloin of beef is so elegant to serve to friends and family that it’s usually only done on special occasions. Going out to dinner for two people can cost just as much as making this at home for 6 people. So there’s no excuse, treat yourself and your family today.
- 2 1/2 lbs beef tenderloin cleaned and trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs fresh tarragon chopped
- 2 tbs fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tbs fresh chives chopped
- 2 tbs Italian Parsley chopped
- 2 tbs Kosher salt
- 1 tbs black pepper freshly ground
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the mustard and herbs, mix well.
- Season the beef; coat with oil salt and pepper.
- In a large pan sear the beef well on all sides until a uniform brown color is achieved.
- Remove the beef from the pan and place it on a wire rack and baking dish combination.
- Brush the tenderloin with mustard . Sprinkle the tenderloin with the chopped herbs and place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for twenty minutes remove and allow to rest for ten minutes. Slice and serve.
Chef’s Notes: 20 minutes in the oven will make the beef medium rare if you wish to have your beef cooked more try adding 10 minutes for medium and 15 for medium well. Allowing the beef to rest is crucia