Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Zinfandel
Try this easy grilled chicken dish for your next dinner. It can be on your table in less than 30 minutes and it’s so good.
1 tbs pure olive oil
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 whole chicken breast boneless/skinless
1 whole lemon juice and zest
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs cilantro chopped
1 tsp chives chopped
1 tsp oregano chopped
1 tsp rosemary chopped
1 recipe Mushroom Saute
For the chicken:
1. Leave the two lobes of chicken breast connected.
2. Coat the chicken with the one tablespoon of pure olive oil, salt and pepper. Let it marinate for about 5 minutes.
3. Grill chicken 4 minutes first side, 3 minutes second side or until done.
For the herb spritz:
1. In a medium size bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, chopped herbs, lemon zest and juice. Set this aside for latter use.
To make the mushroom saute:
1. In a 10 inch saute pan, start by adding the oil then the shallots saute them just until they start to change colors. Add the mushrooms now and saute until they start to break down or start to give off their liquid.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Deglaze with the white wine and reduce until almost dry. Add the butter and stir until all of the butter is melted.
4. Plate and serve.
Chef’s Note: Take the pan off the heat while there is still some butter that hasn’t melted. It will melt with the residual heat and be more stable for the finished dish.