Grilled chicken thighs with Thai Peanut Sauce is one of the most interesting and easy ethnic dishes to make. Perfect for entertaining, this sauce brings the WOW factor to simple foods like the skewered chicken, grilled fish or even tofu.
Grilled Chicken w Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup organic crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 c pineapple juice
- 2 tsp coconut palm sugar substitute brown sugar if you cant find this
- 2 tsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 tsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup ground peanuts
- For The Chicken:
- 5 boneless/skinless chicken thighs cut into chunks, skewered onto sticks or metal skewers
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- juice of one lime
- 2 tbs seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- handful cilantro chopped
- Add all ingredients except ground peanuts to a bowl, whisk well to fully combine everything.
- Add ground peanuts on top of completed sauce.
- Place chicken skewers on a plate.
- In a bowl add lime, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, cilantro and mix well, pour over chicken, let marinade at least one hour. Turning chicken occasionally.
- Start a hardwood charcoal fire, grill thighs until slightly charred and cooked thru being careful not to burn. Serve with peanut dipping sauce.